The mentor of the year award is awarded to an individual that has made an outstanding contribution as a business mentor over the past year. We are looking for an individual that has not only made a difference to the business of their mentee(s), but who supports the emergence of new and growing enterprises in their region and sector.
They can be nominated for this award by their mentee, colleague or other professional that has recognised the contribution this individual has made in the field.
The mentor of the year will have demonstrated some, if not all, of the following attributes:
- Willingness to volunteer their time to supporting one or more new or growing businesses.
- Willingness to share their experience and knowledge in supporting their mentee(s) businesses as they start and grow.
- Ability to help the mentee(s) problem solve to overcome challenges in their business.
- Ability to signpost mentee(s) to other sources of support in their region and beyond.
- Overall contribution to the future success of their mentee’s businesses.
- Support and enthusiasm for the emergence of new businesses in their region and sector.
To help us reach a decision, we ask that nominations give examples of how the mentor has supported in each of these areas.